AvaTrade is an Irish broker headquartered in Dublin. The company is controlled and regulated by the Irish central bank. The broker is primarily active in the area of Forex and CFD trading, whereby currency options are also offered. Hundreds of thousands of traders from over 140 countries trust AvaTrade's services.
The most important information at a glance
- Trading around the clock, five days a week
- Trading with more than 250 underlyings
- Trading break only from 10 p.m. CET on Friday to Sunday 11 p.m. CET
- Various trading platforms
- Wide range of training courses
Trading hours on the stock exchange
Foreign exchange is traded around the clock. Currency traders make more than $ 5 trillion a day. Therefore, private small investors also have the opportunity to trade foreign exchange five days a week and 24 hours a day. This is possible above all because the largest stock exchanges in the world are spread across different time zones. For example, you can still trade in New York without any problems after the Frankfurt Stock Exchange closes. An overview of the most common stock exchanges worldwide:stock exchange opening hours London0: 900 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CET Frankfurt09: 00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. MENNew York 3:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.: 00 a.m.CET Hong Kong 03:00 a.m. to 05:30 a.m. / 7:30 a.m. to 09:00 a.m.CET Tokyo 01:00 a.m. to 03:00 a.m. / 4:30 a.m. to 07:00 a.m.CET Sydney 01:00 a.m. to 07:00 a.m. CET CET Chicago 3:30 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. CET Sao Paolo 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. CET
Of course, some trading hours also overlap. For example, trading can take place simultaneously in London, Frankfurt, New York and Chicago. Sao Paolo also has some common trading hours from Central Europe, at which both exchanges are open.
If you want to trade internationally, you should always keep an eye on the most common trading hours. At certain times - especially around midday CET - a particularly large number of investors trade on the global markets. As a result, the liquidity in the market is very high, which in turn traders benefit from in the form of cheap and good prices.
Promo video of Olymp Trade
This is how the trading times for Forex trading look like
The Forex trading thrives on times. Fundamentally, currency trading is possible around the clock, which is due to the overlapping stock exchange times. There is a comparatively high level of liquidity in the market itself at almost all times. It is only possible to trade with foreign exchange between Friday at 10 p.m. CET and Sunday evening at 11 p.m. CET.
There are two main reasons why trading times are so important in Forex trading:
- The rest of the day usually emerges within the first hour after the market opens.
- As already mentioned, there is a higher level of activity on the market and the liquidity increases when market times overlap.
It is generally the case that the brokers' CFD prices are always based on the current stock exchange prices. But: Not all securities are traded on the stock exchange at all times. Brokers may experience delays in updating prices. This occurs comparatively frequently, especially during the off-hours of the stock exchange openings. Then there is the fact that only a few traders are active on the market. As a result, there are strong price fluctuations.
The trading hours in Forex trading are very long. Except on weekends, trading can take place practically around the clock, whereby liquidity in the market should always be taken into account. Especially when the opening times of large exchanges overlap, many investors are active on the market. This is advantageous in that the courses can be forecasted much better. Trading costs also decrease because the spread is narrowing.
CFD trading at AvaTrade in focus
At AvaTrade it is basically possible to work 24 hours a day Day trading CFDs. It is therefore worth taking a closer look at the trading offer that the broker offers in this area. In total, traders can access over 200 underlyings that come from five different asset classes. Other brokers offer significantly more choice here, but all important values can also be found at AvaTrade. The range in detail:
- Shares The range at AvaTrade is the largest in the range of shares. There are around 100 different assets available for trading, although it is primarily stocks of large corporations. These include, for example, Google, SAP or Amazon. AvaTrade pays attention to a very broad mix related to the industries from which the companies come. However, there is hardly any leeway in the markets. All stocks come from North America or Europe, the Asian market is completely dispensed with.
- Indices The indices already look a little better. North America and Europe also dominate here, but Asian indices such as the Nikkei are also tradable. Traders will only miss real emerging markets that, with the exception of China, have not made it into the broker's product range.
- Commodities Oil, silver and gold are the most popular Assets in this category. In addition, investors can trade other commodities, the performance of which is sometimes somewhat detached from the international financial markets. These include in particular agricultural products such as wheat or coffee, for which there is high consumer demand.
- ETFs ETFs are practically self-created indices. As a result, they can cover a much broader range of underlyings, markets and industries than conventional indices. AvaTrade primarily offers ETFs with young and emerging companies in their portfolios. Some of them are corporations from Asia or South America, but especially German and American companies.
- Bonds The pure CFD product range at AvaTrade is rounded off by interest rates. A total of five different government bonds can be traded in this segment via CFDs. These include three variants of the US government bond, the euro bonds and a Japanese government bond.
Of course, it is also important to consider the lever with which the CFDs can be traded. Basically, this can be chosen comparatively flexibly at AvaTrade. Values between 1: 2 and 1: 200 can be used by the trader for trading depending on the market situation and financial product.
The costs for the CFD -Trading at AvaTrade are cheap. Settlement takes place exclusively via the spread and not via a commission or commission. Depending on the underlying, trading can start from a spread of 1 pip. But: As mentioned, the exact costs always depend on the trading time and therefore the time Liquidity in the market. Traders should pay attention to this if they want to trade at the lowest possible cost.
CFD trading at AvaTrade is particularly convincing because traders can also use a high level of leverage. With values of up to 200: 1, it is possible to greatly increase your own profits. At the same time, of course, there is also a comparatively high risk of loss, which must be taken into account by the investor.
Forex trading at AvaTrade
At AvaTrade you can not only with classic CFDs, but also with Forex traded. In comparison, the supply of underlyings is significantly higher here. Traders can use around 60 currency pairs to act on the foreign exchange markets. These include primarily known and important currencies such as the US dollar, the euro, the British pound, the Swiss franc or the Japanese yen.
However, these majors can always be combined with some less known currencies, For example, the Norwegian krone also finds space in the broker's product range. Traders will only find true exotics, but they are usually not in demand.
Spreads in currency trading start at values of 0.8 pips. The statements made previously regarding the different trading hours apply, which have a decisive influence on the costs. In addition to the favorable conditions, traders at AvaTrade generally benefit from the fact that the company offers its traders a high and flexible leverage. Values between 1: 2 and 1: 400 can be selected without any problems.
Around 60 currency pairs can be traded around the clock at AvaTrade. Major currency pairs are particularly well represented, but some lesser-known currencies can also be traded. The favorable spreads, which start at values of 0.8 pips, are positive, but are dependent on the trading time and the underlying values.
Regulation and security at the broker AvaTrade
In principle, it is not only the product range of a broker that is of crucial importance for the trade. Above all, security and regulation form the basis for opening an account at all.
Advantages of AvaTrade in this area are that the company is based in the EU. All business transactions are carried out from Dublin, which is why the broker must comply with all laws that also apply to German companies, for example. Monitoring and regulation in Ireland is not provided by an independent authority, but by the Irish central bank itself. This guarantees the highest level of security for traders.
In addition, AvaTrade can provide security in terms of a The segregation of customer funds and corporate assets convince. Due to the strict separation of funds, all customer deposits are absolutely safe in the unlikely event of AvaTrade's bankruptcy. Creditors would not have access to the traders' capital.
AvaTrade offers a high level of security. In particular, regulation by the Irish central bank ensures that traders are protected from any dubious business practices. Because the company is based in the EU, it must of course comply with all current regulations for financial service providers that also apply in Germany. In addition, the segregation of corporate assets and customer funds ensures that the capital of the traders is safe even in the event of bankruptcy.
Forex trading around the clock with the MetaTrader 4
AvaTrade offers its customers not only flexible trading hours, but also highly professional trading software. In the area of forex trading, the broker fully relies on the renowned MetaTrader 4. This software package is used by hundreds of thousands of forex traders around the world and is characterized by a wide variety of features. The most important of which at a glance:
- Complete customization
- Over 30 analysis tools
- Real-time prices
- Automated trading
- Fixed or variable spreads
Traders can design MetaTrader 4 in the way that best suits their own trading habits. The most important functions can be brought to the foreground directly via shortcuts and individual designs. This allows traders to keep an overview, especially in hectic market phases.
However, MetaTrader 4 is not only convincing on an optical level. The analysis options also ensure that traders can trade professionally. Overall, investors at AvaTrade can access more than 30 different analysis tools that can be examined in detail using the charts. For example, it is possible to draw trend lines or the well-known Fibonacci -Retrieve levels. In addition, MetaTrader 4 offers the possibility of operating automated trading. The software is fully compatible with EAs, which enables complex trading strategies to be created . Several thousand trading signals can be integrated into the platform free of charge via the integrated MQL5 community.
The MetaTrader 4 is rounded off by the fact that the trading conditions can be selected flexibly. This allows traders to switch between fixed and variable spreads, which is done with a simple click of the mouse. This is a very useful feature especially in the "marginal trading times" presented. Because here with variable spreads there is the risk of having to bear high costs for trading.
The MetaTrader 4 may be one of the oldest software solutions for trading in Forex, but it is also one of the best platforms. This is mainly due to the numerous options for individual adaptability. Traders can optically design the platform in a way that suits their personal trading needs. At the same time, MetaTrader 4 has numerous options for chart analysis. Over 30 different tools can be used to find the currently best market opportunities. And technical analysis is also possible thanks to thousands of integrated trading signals.
Training and service at AvaTrade
A good broker should take the service concept seriously and offer his traders a variety of options Offer training. Because only those who build up a high level of specialist knowledge in the long term can really trade successfully. AvaTrade does justice to these demands of modern traders and tries to create learning effects for its customers via various media:
- Forex E-Books Especially for new customers who have not yet have traded in foreign exchange, AvaTrade has developed an e-book. It is titled "Forex - First Steps", but it is more than just a brief introduction. It helps to get a very comprehensive overview of the world of forex trading. For example, the leverage and general mechanisms of forex positions are explained. The first basic trading strategies are also presented.
- Webinars Once or twice a week, traders have the opportunity to take part in entertaining and informative lectures by broker employees. The free live webinars are aimed not only at beginners, but also at advanced traders. For example, key knowledge of trade and general financial market theory are explained. The trading platforms and trading strategies are also discussed at the request of the traders.
- Videos In addition to the webinars, traders can also access further learning material that is offered in video form. It is designed to help customers become a knowledgeable and confident trader. The webinars cover a very wide range of topics and can be called up at any time. So traders can learn new things about Forex trading exactly when it suits them.
In addition to the training offer, the general support at AvaTrade also convinces. Unlike many of its competitors, the company offers a telephone hotline that is available around the clock. The employees are always available in German and above all free of charge. It is also possible to create a support request by email or use the live chat. Here, AvaTrade employees respond to all service requests within a few minutes.
Training courses and service at AvaTrade are definitely convincing. If you want to gain new knowledge in the field of Forex and CFD trading, you can, for example, use free webinars. Traders will also find a lot of important information about trading in the video archive and an introductory e-book. Expert support, on the other hand, clarifies questions and problems of a technical or general nature. The broker's employees can be reached around the clock via a live chat, a contact form (e-mail) or a free German hotline.
Is there a bonus at AvaTrade?
It is always an advantage for traders if their broker offers them a bonus for opening an account. After all, it is a monetary gift that traders then use for trading. At AvaTrade there is also such a bonus, the amount of which depends on the first deposit. Basically, opening an account is possible from an amount of 100 euros. The bonus is only available if at least 500 euros are transferred. Overview of all bonus levels:First deposit amount Bonus 500 euros100 euros1,000 euros200 euros2,500 euros625 euros5,000 euros1,250 euros7,500 euros1,875 euros10. 000 euros3,000 euros
So it starts with a bonus of 100 euros, which corresponds to a premium of 20 percent based on the deposit of 500 euros. The maximum possible is 3,000 euros or, in other words, 30 percent.
AvaTrade offers its customers the opportunity to benefit from an attractive welcome bonus. However, the amount depends on the initial deposit and can be between 20 and 30 percent.
Conclusion: Good Forex and CFD broker
At AvaTrade, investors can practically around the clock trade forex and CFDs. It should be noted, however, that not all underlyings are available at all times. The exact trading conditions always depend on how many traders are currently active on the world markets. If traders take this into account, they can trade with AvaTrade starting at cheap spreads of 0.8 pips. This is possible in the Forex area via the well-known MetaTrader 4, which is used by hundreds of thousands of traders worldwide.