Trading and investing system software
This is a collection of software for the system trader. Most programs are about charting, entry signals, stock screening, technical analysis and back-testing. There are broker related apps for professional data feeds as well as download facilities for free quotes, news and general market info. Some systems offer auto-trading, others portfolio bookkeeping and some are for mobile investment. Finally there are calculators and spreadsheets for option trading, Forex, bonds, ETFs and fund investing.
Many trading applications are Windows programs. People running Linux or MacOS have a much more limited choice compared to Windows users. Our multiplatfrom project Trader MP tries to change that. For now it is experimental.
Some of these programs can be used for searching interesting stocks, which then can be processed further by the
Subjective selection of trading software highlights:
Charting and technical analysis
Simulation, back-testing, prediction and trading signals
- Adaptive Modeler - Agent based market simulation for price forecasting.
- Stock NeuroMaster - Charting and stock market prediction with neural network.
- TradingSolutions - Neural network models with genetic algorithms.
- Seer - Trading system back-testing for Forex, stocks and futures.
- Golden Gem - Neural network stock prediction with data downloader.
- Optimal Trader - Trading signals by combining technical analysis with neural networks and adaptive signal processing.
- Cyklotron - Finds quotes cycles in eod data.
- Forex Tester - Simulator for studying Forex trading.
- Cute Trader - Simulator for daytrading.
- EquityRider - Charting and trading systems analysis with back-testing.
- Trend Day Finder - Locates trend days for indices and stocks with its own data downloader.
- Forex Strategy Builder - Tests online Forex indicator-based trading strategies with charting.
- Investment Studio - Charting, technical analysis and back-testing.
- StockFusion Studio - Charting and back-testing of forecasting algorithms and technical indicators.
- InferenceTrade - Stock market charting and trading system development.
- Neuro Hit - Models neural networks.
Quotes download, streaming quotes
- Quotes4u - Downloads stock quotes and exports the data into 11 different formats.
- HSQuote - Downloads free historical end of day stock quotes and converts to Metastock, ASCII or spreadsheet format.
- EZQuote - Download historical end-of-day quotes for Metastock or ASCII format.
- IBXL - Interactive Brokers streaming quotes for IB Trader Workstation and Excel.
- QTXL - QuoteTracker streaming quotes in Excel.
- MLDownloader - Downloads intraday, end-of-day and historical quotes.
- DataBull - Downloads stock quotes in 4 formats.
- Fund Manager - Analyze and monitor stocks, mutual funds and other investments. Tax reports and technical analysis included.
- TradeTrakker Deluxe - Portfolio tracking.
- Master Investor - Portfolio management, technical analysis and charting.
- PortfolioTK - Portfolio management for stocks with quantitative statistics and charting.
- Personal Stock Streamer - Portfolio management with realtime streaming Quotes, charts, technical analysis and alerts.
- EToro - Forex trading platform which enables you to easily try Forex. Open a free demo account with all features of the real thing and practice as long as you want.
- Stock Spy - Visualizing news events in price charts for stocks.
Automated system trading
- TradeBullet - Automated order routing and trading system execution with multiple brokers.
- Trend riding with ease - Maximal efficiency when it comes to wringing the stock market. If the FX robot is too hot and fast for you, these four systems for exploiting short and long term movements make the base for a trading system with a longer term approach, provided that you power them with another motor. My advice for adding an edge to these TA systems is to narrow down your list of selected trading stocks to those that are near a long term (all time or 52-week) high. At least they should show relative strength from where they went off this high, so that it was likely only the market condition that dragged them down. This is a simplistic rule, but it skews statistically the odds in your favor, believe it or not. The reason is that stocks near their high more likely than not have a driving force behind them that got them there and possibly may go on pressing.
Amos Hostetter * Anne Scheiber * Breaking the high of the day * Breakout trading systems * CANSLIM Stock Trading System * Darvas meets Livermore * Entering a trend at a new high * Entering the trend with a swing trading system * Forex autotrading * Forex trend trading * Fred Hager * How to catch a trend * Jesse Livermore * Nicolas Darvas * Nicolas Darvas boxes system * Nicolas Darvas dar cart * Optimization * Random Walk * Support and resistance * Swing trading tricks * Technology trends * The scalping daytrader * Trading legend Jesse Livermore * Trading systems for stocks, Forex and options
Markets and their possible systems:
Stocks * Forex * Futures * Options